|Version 5 (modified by 12 years ago) ( diff ),|
Using UML for ORBIT Node virtualization
The goal of this web page is to provide a brief overview of how the ORBIT grid could be used to evaluate the performance of UML based virtualization.
- Load the concerned ORBIT nodes with the image "uml_orbit.ndz" using the
omf load command.
- Once the image is loaded, create the desired tun/tap devices using the command
tunctl -u devname
- Setup appropriate IP addresses for the tap interface.
- Ensure IP forwarding is enabled on the host. This can be done by:
host# echo 1> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
- Also set proxy_arp by:
host#ech0 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/tap0/proxy_arp
- Make appropriate changes to the kernel routing table to ensure
packets can be sent to and from the interface.
- Start the UML instance
Additional information on setting up and using UML is provided here: http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/