Matlab Notes Notes for installing Matlab 2014a on node1-1 of sb2.
Current Image name: baseline-matlab-12-04-64bit-3.8.0-35-generic.ndz
- The Matlab install is big and requires a 64bit kernel (no 32bit installer avialable from software). Image was loaded with the following omf command
omf load -t node1-2.sb2.orbit-lab.org -i baseline-ubuntu-12-04-64bit-3.8.0-35-generic.ndz -r 40Note the -r 40 which indicates to resize the partition to 40 GB.
- Once imaged I copied the matlab_R2014a_glnxa64.zip file to the node and logged in as root.
- I needed to install the java-run time library and the unzip tool to get the installer started.
apt-get update apt-get install unzip default-jre
- The installer launches (will need x11 forwardwing). Follow the installers prompts and choose web based activation. Additionally I specified the install dir as /opt/MATLAB/2014a
- Once the install is complete, matlab will fail to launch because of a missing library (even with the -nodisplay flag): libXmu.so.6 . There is apparently an apt-package for this library.
apt-get install libxmu6Once This is installed, matlab should sucessfully launch (same x11 forwarding fiat).
Note: As an aside I made symbolic links to /bin/true for /usr/bin/wimaxd and /usr/sbin/wimaxd. This is apparently needed for OMF to function properly.