Testing the fcast application that uses ALC reliable multicast
All scripts are in gw.orbit-lab.org:/home/kishore/Test-MCL (~/ in the rest of the document is equivalent to /home/kishore).
- start-mcasttx.sh - This is run on the sending node.
- start-mcastrx.sh - This is run on all receiving nodes.
- test-512B.sh - This is the main script that runs the above scripts on the sending and receiving nodes as well as collects data on the experiment run.
Steps to run Experiment
- Image nodes on the grid - [3,1] and all nodes from [4,1] to [15,20] (except [5,10] which is a dead node). There is a ruby script in my home directory called imageSubset.rb (which images all nodes from [4,1] to [15,20] except [5,10]), which you can use.
imageNodes [3,1] baseline-fcast.ndz ruby imageSubset.rb
- Turn these nodes ON -
wget -O - "http://cmc:5012/cmc/nodeSet?nodes=[4..15,1..20]" wget -O - "http://cmc:5012/cmc/nodeSet?nodes=[3,1]"
- Once the nodes are ON,
- cd ~/Test-MCL
- mkdir directory-for-this-run -
- Make sure the sender (node3-1) has the directory you wish to transfer using multicast (for e.g. ~/Test-MCL/512B contains 10000 512 byte files, ~/Test-MCL/512B-5000 contains 5000 512 byte files).
cd ~/Test-MCL scp -r 512B-5000 root@node3-1:/root/
- Modify start-mcasttx.sh according to the directory you want to transfer - for e.g. to transfer 512B-5000, start-mcasttx.sh should contain the following command:
fcast -R -send -a220.127.116.11/2323 -v0 -ospeed -plan -force /root/512B-5000 &> $1 &
- Copy start-mcasttx.sh to node3-1 (sender):
cd ~/Test-MCL scp start-mcasttx.sh root@node3-1:/root/
- Copy start-mcastrx.sh to all receiving nodes:
cd ~/Test-MCL ./copyfile.pl start-mcastrx.sh
- Start experiment:
cd ~/Test-MCL ./test-512B.sh 240nodes-run12 &> 240nodes-run12/240nodes-run12.txt