Table of Contents
- 2016 WINLAB Summer Internship
- Augmented Reality - WINLAB Summer 2016
- CYBER-PHYSICAL MARIO KART 2016
- Satellite Content Delivery Network project
CYBER-PHYSICAL MARIO KART 2016
The goal of this project is to create a virtual reality simulation of the popular Nintendo game Mario Kart. This is to be accomplished by having a driver on a physical go-cart within a real-world test track and simulating the game for the user through the use of the Oculus Rift and the Google Tango Tablet.
- Key Components
- Crazy Cart XL
- Has a wheel
- Has a gas pedal
- No brake! - Need to implement brake through sensors
- Oculus Rift DK2
- A head-mounted display with motion tracking relative to external position tracker
- Showcases the virtual world in stereoscopic 3D
- Google Tango Tablet
- A tablet created by Google for the purpose of navigating the physical world
- Contains multiple camreas and sensors
- Capable of motion tracking, area learning, and depth perception
- 3D Unity Game Engine
- A game engine used to create a 3D virtual world
- Crazy Cart XL
- Secondary Components
- Arduino Microcontroller
- Ultrasonic and Laser Distance Sensors
- Miscellaneous Electronic Devices
- System Diagram
- Arduino Schematic
- Mario Kart World
- Mario Kart
- Ultrasonic Data
Y(cm) = 9.762*x(US reading) + 32.0
R2 = 1
Links to our source code will be posted shortly!
Here are the links to our weekly presentations:
Week 6 - No presentation this week
Check out what last year's group did on the Mario Kart project: Mario Kart 2015
- Kush.jpg (55.6 KB ) - added by 4 years ago.
- Michael.png (113.5 KB ) - added by 4 years ago.
- Nicholas.png (131.3 KB ) - added by 4 years ago.
- Rupesh.jpg (43.7 KB ) - added by 4 years ago.
- ArduinoSchematic.jpg (47.3 KB ) - added by 4 years ago.
- MarioWorld1.png (252.3 KB ) - added by 4 years ago.
- MarioWorld2.png (216.6 KB ) - added by 4 years ago.
- SystemSchematic.png (27.0 KB ) - added by 4 years ago.
- Ivan.jpg (60.1 KB ) - added by 4 years ago.
- MarioKart.png (185.9 KB ) - added by 4 years ago.
- UltrasonicData.png (44.2 KB ) - added by 4 years ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip